Holy moly, the struggle is real. When I started blogging a fellow teacher and blogger told me that when school is going on, it’s hard to keep the creative juices flowing through the classroom and blogging. She wasn’t kidding!
When i found that happening i decided to take a little break to get the creative juices going again, and now that school is more settled, i feel much more free to share my life on here!
Here’s what you missed:
1. It’s officially fall, and that makes me happy!
2. The Cubs are killing it in the playoffs!
3. You all know that i was having quad while i trained for Chicago. Unfortunately, 5 days before the race my doctor decided the injury was too severe to run the 26.2 so I had to be sidelined. I was super disappointed, but I’m still really proud of the training cycle i had and I’m ready to kill the next one. Below is the nasty picture of my quad after my doctor took the scraper to it. Uck!
4. Until the next one, I’m stuck swimming and pool running. I get really strange looks when I’m running laps in the pool at my gym. Oh the struggle!
5. I currently am on day 2 stomach flu, which is super fun!
6. I still have Wilson. If you remember he was the golf ball that hit me while i was doing an 18 miler this cycle!
7. McDonald’s now serves breakfast all day, which was great for my long runs this cycle!
How is your running going?
Have you ever been sidelined by an injury?
Favorite baseball team, ready, GO!